Become an Individual, Couple, or Business
Gogo Grandmothers "PARTNER"
While you may not be able join or start a Gogo Grandmothers group right now, you can make an important difference in orphan's lives as an individual, a couple, or as an involved business. Here are the steps to take:
- Be informed about the AIDS crisis by reading this web site and others. Think and pray about what you should do.
- On the home page of this web site, enter your name and E-mail address to receive news updates from us.
- Download a printable version of our Gogo Grandmothers brochure (PDF document), or ask us to send you a copy.
- Be in agreement with the Gogo Grandmothers Statement of Purpose.
- Enroll with us as an chartered Gogo Grandmothers Partner. As a "Partner" you commit to 1) praying regularly for the gogos, and 2) carrying out one special fundraiser (or more) each year. Click here to download a Partner Agreement form.
The enrollment cost is $35. When we receive your "Partner Agreement" form, we will promptly send your Partner's Kit containing the following:
- Your framed partner Partner Certificate. It is beautiful enough to display in your home (or office) as a daily reminder to pray for the gogos and to stimulate conversations as others notice it.
- A minature maize bag, made by one of the African village gogos caring for orphans
- A t-shirt bearing the Gogo Grandmothers logo
- An embroidered Gogo Grandmothers patch
- A package of Gogo Grandmothers note cards
- 10 Gogo Grandmothers brochures to help you tell the story
- A small Partner's Handbook with all the key facts about the Gogo Grandmothers ministry, the same prayer guides used in the group meetings in the U.S. and Africa and a great section of fundraising ideas you can do as an individual, such as:
- A small dinner party given in homes. Charge a "per plate" donation and give the proceeds to support Gogo Grandmothers and the orphans of AIDS. During the evening share about the ministry.
- A large dinner with an African theme, where tables are sold for a donation. We'll provide a Power Point show you can share, using your computer (projector optional) or show on your TV screen.
- Auction of donated items from the community to benefit Gogo Grandmothers and the orphans
- Hold a yard sale to benefit Gogo Grandmothers and the orphans of AIDS
- Hold a crafts sale
- Have a bake sale
- Collect donations (in exchange for a minature Maize bag made by the gogos)
- Sell Gogo Grandmothers note cards in a local (or church) bookstore for a donation
- Use your own ideas (Please share them with us)
6. Gogo Grandmothers will respond in approximately 10 days. THANK YOU!