What a big difference your faith in action can make!
The initiative to launch a Gogo Grandmothers group in your area, or at your church or organization can be simple or more extensive. The key to any success is a person with the passion to see it happen. If you are that person, or know someone who is, here are the steps to take:
- Be informed about the immense need. Review the information on this Web site and, if you're inclined, dig deeper using the Web links to other informed sources. Think and pray about what you should do.
- On this Web site's Home page enter your name and E-mail address to receive news updates about Gogo Grandmothers.
- Find one or more like-minded friends to begin with you. 1) Share this Web site. 2) Download and print a four-page Gogo Grandmothers brochure, or request that we send a brochure(s) to you. 3) Print this simple half-page Gogo Grandmothers flier(PDF document).
- Be in agreement with the Gogo Grandmothers Statement of Purpose. Make sure you are comfortable with our Statement of Faith.
- As appropriate, seek the endorsement and support of leaders in your church or organization.
- Get your questions answered. Check the FAQs page or contact us with your question.
- When you're ready, apply to become a chartered Gogo Grandmothers group. The advantages are many:
- You will receive everything you need to be effective--your framed charter, a leader's manual, brochures, promotional tools, samples of fundraising items (t-shirt, note cards, tiny maize bag, embrodiery patch), etc. Many tools are available in the Leader's Resource area of this Web site.
- You will have access to training and regular leadership support.
- You will know your contributions will be used for maximum impact in Africa.
- You will be listed on this Web site and be able to exchange ideas with other groups.
- Complete the Gogo Grandmothers Charter Application Online here or click to Download and print the Charter Application form and mail it in. The application fee is $100.00 and provides to you all the items listed on the form. (If needed, assistance with this fee is available upon request. Check the box on the form. If your charter is not granted, your fee will be refunded.)
- Gogo Grandmothers will respond to your Charter Application within approximately 10 days.